Mobile Junior Developer (Android)
Red Black Tree is an entirely Serbian software company with over nine years of experience in the industry. Our offices are located in Belgrade and Čačak, with approximately 40 team members at the moment.
Our focus is on software development, mostly for clients in the USA, Europe and Asia. We’ve been dedicated to quality assurance, meeting deadlines, professionalism and personal progress. We are a team that provides more than it's promised - whenever it’s possible, which is the case most of the time. That’s how we have acquired high-quality collaborations and long-term projects which provide us with stability.
We value a friendly and positive environment - that’s why we put an extra effort into keeping everything exceptional, from relations with co-workers to the office equipment.
Technologies are carefully selected based on the project requirements. Those are mainly complete systems, which include Mobile apps, Web applications, Backend APIs, databases, containerization and Cloud, which will help you acquire a broad and high-quality knowledge base. We’re not afraid to adapt to modern technologies, just like we did with e.g. Angular, React, Vue.js, as well as .NET Core, Elixir, Kotlin, Python and others before they became widely used and popular.
If you love programming and want to excel at it - let us know! We are always on a lookout for talent to join us.
We are a team of a dozen people, developing a complete software system for a US non-profit, iMentor. Because we know that while talent is equally distributed, opportunities are not, RBT partners with iMentor for the last 4 years in their fight to give every young person a fair chance to graduate college by matching every student with a committed college-educated mentor. Together, we help students in over 50 high schools and 14 cities across the US to fulfill their potential.
The Platform is used by mentees and mentors to communicate, work together on lessons that prepare them for college, and let iMentor’s program managers to supervise thousands of pairs. Our team focuses on design, development, and maintenance of the iMentor platform.
We have built a cloud based SaaS from scratch, with a backend written in Python and Flask using Docker, that queries PostgreSQL, Redis, and MongoDB, and presents using Angular, Swift, and Kotlin.
We’re looking for developers who can understand and describe technical tradeoffs, think creatively about paying down technical debt while simultaneously delivering beautiful solutions, and want to change the world for young people.
What we look for
- University degree in computer science (or equivalent).
- At least 1 year of experience in developing native Android apps.
- Advanced Experience with Kotlin.
- Experience with consuming REST APIs.
- Good knowledge of software design patterns.
- Understanding of Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Experience with code versioning tools (e.g. Git).
- Basic experience with latest Google libraries and frameworks (e.g. Room, Navigation Components, Jetpack compose)
What we provide
- Dynamic and challenging end-to-end projects.
- New technologies in action.
- Experienced seniors to learn from.
- Possibility to switch projects and technologies.
- Competitive salary.
- Developer-centric, macOS-dominated environment.
- Flexible working hours.
- Remote work until it’s safe to return to our modern, open space offices in Belgrade’s calm residential area of Zvezdara.
Send us your resume to email@example.com.
Even if you don’t fit into our openings right now, let’s stay in touch.