QA Junior Engineer
Red Black Tree is a Serbian software company with over 10 years of experience working for clients from EU and USA. We develop complete software solutions for our clients, from architecture, through development, to testing and maintenance. In our approach to work, we nurture professionalism, quality, respect for deadlines and constant striving for personal progress, always keeping the passion and enthusiasm that brought us here. This is how we developed strategic partnerships with our clients and gained long-term projects that provide us with stability.
Technologies are carefully selected based on the project requirements. Those are mainly complete systems, which include Mobile apps, Web applications, Backend APIs, databases, containerization and Cloud, which will help you acquire a broad and high-quality knowledge base. We’re not afraid to adapt to modern technologies, just like we did with e.g. Angular, React, Vue.js, as well as .NET Core, Elixir, Kotlin, Python and others before they became widely used and popular.
If you love programming and want to excel at it - let us know! We are always on a lookout for talent to join us.
What we provide
- Dynamic and challenging end-to-end projects.
- New technologies in action.
- Experienced seniors to work with.
- Defined career path and mentorship.
- Possibility to switch projects and technologies.
- Developer-centric, macOS-dominated environment.
- Full-time employment.
- Hybrid working model.
- Flexible working hours.
- Competitive salary.
- Additional paid vacation days.
- Private health insurance.
- Paid sick leave.
- Additional support for new parents.
- English language lessons.
More about the project
We are developing a secure, inclusive and flexible online therapy platform. It was built to provide improved access to mental health professionals, through an affordable, simple-to-use video conferencing platform that takes the hassle out of organising a practice with marketing, bookings, reminders, billing and collections taken care of. A hand-picked team of counsellors and psychiatrists offer their services to both the general public and to institutional clients ranging from Universities to businesses (such as AXA, the second largest insurance company in the World) to public sector bodies (such as the NHS, National Health Service).
Our team steered complete system design and specification and provided consulting, software development, DevOps, and other IT services in the past three years.
We have built the whole system from scratch using Python, Flask, Postgres, Vue.js, Nuxt.js, Docker, Terraform, and AWS Cloud.
As the user base, functionalities, and the expansion plans grow rapidly, the team has to expand too - which is why we would like to hear from you!
What we look for
- University degree in computer science (or equivalent).
- At least 1 year of experience with writing automated tests (Selenium, Cypress).
- Commitment, persistence, and dedication in performing tasks.
- Ability to develop and apply fresh ideas and creative solutions.
- Investigating problems in software detected through testing.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise.
- Experience working with Jira or similar tools.
- Familiarity with version control tools (Git).
- API based testing is a plus.
- Experience (or ability) in analyzing functional and business requirements, giving improvement comments on design specifications, and other documentation.
- Knowledge of basic technical concepts.
- Proactivity and self-determination in every aspect of work.
- Readiness to learn new skills and grow with the company.
Usual way: send your CV to email@example.com.
Initial Interview (30 minutes)
- Initial Interview is conducted by the HR and one or more Team or Project Leaders.
Tests (45 minutes)
- After the interview, the Candidate takes tests on logical reasoning and English language.
Assignment (Candidate proposes an estimate)
- After the tests are done, the Candidate is provided with an assignment.
Technical Interview (30 minutes)
- Technical Interview is conducted by one or more Team or Project Leaders and in the presence of HR.
- The Candidate is questioned about his/her technical knowledge and skills, professional interests, tools and techniques used in previous work, and other relevant experience.
- The Candidate is provided with relevant information regarding the project and opportunities for learning and professional development.
Job Offer (30 minutes)
- Final Interview is conducted by the Team or Project Leader and HR.
- Final Interview topics cover mutual expectations and conditions of employment.